Friday, July 15, 2011

Taming A Baby Green Cheek?

I just brought home my 7-week old, Green Cheek Conure. We aren't sure if its a male or female, but the name is Halo. He can be the sweetest baby bird in the world, but sometimes, during our training sessions, he can be a tad mis-behavioral. Even though his wings are clipped, he successfully flies, upward, which seems unnatural...? I train him on the floor of our walk in closet to prevent any accidents, but he can fly from the floor, up to one of the hangers. And my second "issue" is the biting.When I picked him up, the breeder had said, he only bit her once, and that was to refuse formula. Now, he seems to bite for no reason sometimes. Is it a habit, because he so young? And how can I make him stop.. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment